Overnight Breakfast Strata: Great for a brunch or breakfast that can strech a few days! Serves about 12.
1 lb ground turkey sausage
1/2 lb diced ham
9 Large eggs
3 slices whole wheat toast cubed
2 cups low-fat sharp cheddar
3 cups low-fat milk
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste.
1. The night before: Coat pan with cooking spray and place the pan over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey sausage adding red pepper as it gets brown and crumbly.
2. In a bowl wisk together the low-fat milk, garlic powder, dry mustard, paprika, and eggs.
3. Add the ham, cooked turkey sausage, low-fat cheese, and whole wheat bread.
4. In a 9x13x2-inch baking pan pour the mixture. Cover and set in Refridgerator overnight.
5. In the morning: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Once preheated, pop your baking pan in the oven to get yummy for one hour. (check at 45 min.s)
7. Cut into squares and serve with a bit of fruit.