Quesadillas with Habanero Cheese
4 Tortillas (low-carb or whole wheat)
1 cup shredded Habanero cheese
6 Baby Bella Mushrooms (wiped clean and sliced)
1 Green Pepper diced
1 small can of Diced Medium Tomatoes with green chiles
1/2 medium Onion diced
2 cloves of Garlic
1 teaspoon Paprika
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
Salt and Pepper
Sour Cream and Salsa as Garnish
1. Coat medium sized frying pan with Cooking spray and heat to medium heat.
2. Place Onion, Peppers, and Garlic first. Sauté until warmed. Season with Salt and Pepper.
3. Add the mushrooms and cook until mushrooms start to soften. Add the Paprika and Oregano.
4.Add the can of Tomatoes with green chiles and bring to a low boil. Once at a low boil turn down to medium-low heat to simmer.
5. In a seperate small or medium pan, coat with Cooking Spray and bring to meduim-low heat.
6. On a plate, assemble the Tortilla in this fashion: First sprinkle Habanero cheese(approx. 3 tablespoons) onto half the tortilla. Second scoop up veggie filling, that is simmering, with a slotted spoon and spead evenly on top of cheese. Third, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of Habanero cheese on top of that. Fold empty half over that and press down.
7. Using a spatula transfer the assembled tortilla to the empty, heated pan. Cook on each side, flipping carefully, for 2 minutes or once tortillas is browned and cheese is gooey. Repeat for remaining tortillas.
8. Garnish with Sour Cream and Salsa.
Tips: You may also heat tortillas in oven for 3 mins at 350 degrees Farenheight.