1 jar of Roasted Red Peppers(drained)
2 cups of low-sodium Chicky Broth (Chicken Broth)
3 cups of low-fat Milk
2 cloves of Garlic (peeled)
2 tablespoons Butter/ Butter substitute
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
2 tablespoons whole wheat Flour
Salt and Pepper to taste
Optional: Fresh grated Parmesan
How to make it soup:
1. In a blender combine the jar or Roasted Red Peppers, Garlic, and Chicky Broth. Puree until smooth.
2. While Red Peppers puree, heat a medium sauce pan to medium heat. Add the Butter and Olive Oil.
3. Once butter and oil are melted together, add Flour and whisk quickly and cook until mixture is thickened. Slowly, one cup at a time, add Milk until it becomes thickened and then add the next cup. Continue whisking lightly with each added cup, scrapping the bottom.
4. Add the Red Pepper puree to the sauce pan. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir until warmed through.
-You may want to serve with a toasted Italian Cheese sammy on whole wheat bread.
– Fresh grated parmesan makes a wonderful garnish, as does a little fresh cracked pepper.
-This also makes a great foundation for a pasta sauce.
-You may want to use vegetable broth in place of chicky broth for a vegetarian dish.