4-6 Organic Bell Peppers
3 cloves of Garlic
1/4 cup Diced Onion
1 jar or 2.5 cups Marinara Sauce
1 lb Ground Chicken
1/4 cup bread crumbs (optional)
1/2 teaspoon dried Rosemary
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
3 ounces of fresh mozzarella
Salt and Pepper to taste
Spray canola oil
– Preheat oven to 450 Degrees F.
– Clean and cut the tops of 4-6 organic bell peppers. Remove the core and as much of the “white stuff” as you can.
– In a spray-coated pan sauté 3 cloves of garlic and 1/4 cup onion over medium heat. Once softened add ground chicken, salt, pepper, and rosemary cooking until brown. Once browned, add marinara sauce. Add 1/4 cup bread crumbs if you prefer.
– Place peppers in a coated (with spray oil) baking dish and fill with meat mixture. Top peppers with a sprinkle of parmesan and then fresh mozzarella.
– Bake for 20-25 minutes.
-If you like softer peppers, turn the heat down to 400 Degrees F, and cook for 30-45 minutes, keep an eye on it.
– The harder texture of a pepper is a sign that it has retained more of its nutritious nature.
– You can replace breadcrumbs with brown rice if you have some leftovers.
– Be careful with your knife when cleaning out the peppers. Some people like to use a pairing knife. I like my chef knife. Be sure to be comfortable with whatever tool you use.
– You can always cut each pepper in half length-wise to make it easier. Just check in on your goodies at 15 minutes.